 Local / Australia / 2072
Re: Round Australia in 80 stores...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:46:55 GMT

Source: Deidre Rushton Brumby
Store: Harris Scarfe (3 stores)
City: Hobart
Location: City Centre, Eastlands, Moonah
Sets: A fair selection of small to medium sets, large sets are rare.
Bargains:  More like rip offs.  Above RRP by a few dollars, some prices
went UP with the GST in the city store (haven't confirmed that for the
other two).  On the + side they do have 15%/20%/25% off storewide sales
quite a lot, usually Thursday or Friday, sometimes both, no apparent
pattern to the spacing (advertised only the night before and that day).

They were a good source of older sets until heavy GST discounting
cleared them out.

This is where I hardly ever buy Lego, better off avoiding it!

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com