 Local / Australia / 2054
RE: .org.it ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 07:08:53 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Deidre Rushton Brumby [mailto:drb@tasmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 5:01 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: .org.it ?

In lugnet.loc.au, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
Hey Deidre - what about a special-interest page somewhere • for people wishing
to learn the language of Italy?  I've got but a sprinkling • of knowledge in
Italian but would like to learn more - especially if it • helps me pick up
LEGO from Italy ...  ;)

It would help us catch up too!  ;-)

Well, I don't really want to learn Italian, I just want to know when
they are talking about us! :)  I fell into this accidentally, I just
happened to be looking at the main lugnet page summary when the word
AUSTRALIA just sort of jumped out of a new loc.it post at me.

They are getting trickier now, vague references to the green and the
gold, foes etc (as best as I can understand it from babelfish which
does a marvellous job sometimes and a really cruddy job others).
Occasionally they drop "au" into the middle of things but it
is hard to
pick amongst the Italian, unless you're looking for it :)

Now, I'm happy to talk about talking or not talking Italian
all you want
in the name of a good cause - beating them!!!! :)

I can read a little Finnish, but I don't think they're a
problem somehow!

Obligatory Lego Reference: um, well, er... I bought a new
folder for my
Lego catalogs today, does that count?! :)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com

Well, are you interested in trading catalogues...I've got quite a few
duplicates if you're interested.

[It wouldn't have been the official lego binder [1184 or something similar,
I think...I've got no reference info here] If it was, then it's definitely a
lego posting :) ]

Anyway, we don't need to be discussing lego here..After all, those schemeing
northeners [and no, I'm not talking about other ockers] are just talking
about beating us...Deidre, could you come up with a couple of names from
there who aren't discussing lego in at least one posting. If we can get
that, maybe we can get them stopped from posting there...After all, the
forum is for discussing lego, not movies and food and anything they can try
and use to beat everyone else. :)

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsory..Growing up isn't :-)