 Local / Australia / 2053
Re: .org.it ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 07:01:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
Hey Deidre - what about a special-interest page somewhere for people wishing
to learn the language of Italy?  I've got but a sprinkling of knowledge in
Italian but would like to learn more - especially if it helps me pick up
LEGO from Italy ...  ;)

It would help us catch up too!  ;-)

Well, I don't really want to learn Italian, I just want to know when
they are talking about us! :)  I fell into this accidentally, I just
happened to be looking at the main lugnet page summary when the word
AUSTRALIA just sort of jumped out of a new loc.it post at me.

They are getting trickier now, vague references to the green and the
gold, foes etc (as best as I can understand it from babelfish which
does a marvellous job sometimes and a really cruddy job others).
Occasionally they drop "au" into the middle of things but it is hard to
pick amongst the Italian, unless you're looking for it :)

Now, I'm happy to talk about talking or not talking Italian all you want
in the name of a good cause - beating them!!!! :)

I can read a little Finnish, but I don't think they're a problem somehow!

Obligatory Lego Reference: um, well, er... I bought a new folder for my
Lego catalogs today, does that count?! :)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com