 Local / Australia / 1327
  Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon

(...) I assume you mean .org.au ? (...) OK, got it. (I assume you mean .org.au, though.) (...) Based on previous discussions, is it correct to assume that this explicitly includes auctions? (...) OK, that's fine. The .loc.us group is similar in that (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon

Todd, Indeed I did mean org.au my bad. And the rest sounds fine. Regarding auctions, I believe that we do want to be able to post auction announcemnet/updates, but i'd expect that it won't end up being just a marketplace as the auction postings here (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon

(...) Thanks Todd, this sounds like the go. So I'll just nod in agreement and let the others add comments etc, once their noses are off their respective grindstones, it's the middle of the working day here (for some), so these comments will be (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  formation of .org.au (was Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon)

In lugnet.loc.au, Santosh Bhat and Todd Lehman write worthy stuff on the formation of .org.au Sounds cool to me, and I think it encapsulates what was discussed at the last Studs get together, as well as meeting the needs discussed here in .loc.au (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon

(...) Prolly should also say in the charter that the auction traffic must be Oz-only, yes? :-) --Todd (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon

(...) say (...) only, (...) Absolutely ,though maybe our friends across the Tasman would like to be included since they are so close.(ie New Zealand) pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au> (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon

(...) At the risk of sounding like another "me too" post... <general nodding and thumbs up> This will serve a pretty good purpose, not the least being to educate people like myself in the advantages and importance of the Lugnet Structure(TM). Whilst (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon

Can we limit auction posting only to members of .org.au? Given that countries like New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Fiji etc, probably wont have their own organisations forming, we may have to admit them as members into .org.au. Or does this then (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:FwFK66.Jst@lugnet.com... (...) Personally I'd like to be more explict about the "marketplace" issue. How about replacing the last sentence with: "Messages about auctions, buying, selling, and (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: To Todd - Could we get .org.au up soon

(...) Nothing against Kiwis, but I thought the idea was to create a forum where we could buy/sell etc without having to face the hassles of foreign currencies, huge international shipping costs, and so forth. Obviously, NZ is closer for shipping (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)

Kerry Raymond wrote in message ... (...) Xposts won't be a problem if the auctioneers are located in Australia though, is it? I mean, they'll probably want to have overseas participants in their auctions as well, hence xpost to .market.* ... if (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au)