 Local / Australia / 13211
Re: Next Studfest, WH40k?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 10:22:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote more about the last fest.

There was talk about a possible opportunity for the end of April at Quakers
Hill, along Warhammer 40,000 lines.
I have been enjoying the Warhammer challenge.  I'm pretty happy with my new
Space Marines Dreadnoughts (3) and Typhoons (2), and the bunkered landing
pad is up to standard, but my Thunderhawk efforts have been unmitigated
disasters.  If I want to build something that large, I just don't have the
bricks (unless I turn back to the dark side for endless buckets of grey
2x4s - might happen yet, but so far I have resisted).

Resist the lure of Chaos! Do not mix the materials blessed by the Emperor with
the base stuff of the Ruinous Powers!

On the topic of building stuff I promised Ldraw files. I've had to install Ldraw
on my new computer and am now updating the models. The drawings are around
version 1 or 2, the current ones are about 5.
To keep people busy, here's the link to some of the stuff. You can tell from the
photos I've had these models built for a long time...

I also found out that the WH40k power armour shoulder plates, unmistakeable
marks of Space Marines, actually fit minifig shoulders like they were made
for each other.  A dab of blutack and presto, Stormies are Space Marines.

Blimey! I've had both for years and never thought of putting them together!
Serves me right for having different comparments in my wardrobe!

In other news, Warhammer decals stick to Lego bricks just fine (so my Black
Templars vehicles, in their black and white livery, are even more >authentic).
Has there been any advance on chatting with fest co-ordinators for the end > of April?

I saw a flyer for the Games Workshop stuff from Leviathan at the city store, so
we may be too late? In any case it may be worth a day out to just have a Captain
Cook, see what we'd need to do for the next one.

James (who has more shoulderpads than an 80's retro disco)