 Local / Australia / 13194
13193  |  13195
Subject:
Next Studfest, WH40k? (was Re: Sydney Studs Meet this Sunday 13 March - Woo Hoo!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 02:28:29 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote more about the last fest.

There was talk about a possible opportunity for the end of April at Quakers
Hill, along Warhammer 40,000 lines.

I have been enjoying the Warhammer challenge.  I'm pretty happy with my new
Space Marines Dreadnoughts (3) and Typhoons (2), and the bunkered landing pad is
up to standard, but my Thunderhawk efforts have been unmitigated disasters.  If
I want to build something that large, I just don't have the bricks (unless I
turn back to the dark side for endless buckets of grey 2x4s - might happen yet,
but so far I have resisted).

I also found out that the WH40k power armour shoulder plates, unmistakeable
marks of Space Marines, actually fit minifig shoulders like they were made for
each other.  A dab of blutack and presto, Stormies are Space Marines.  And its
not like you need to buy Warhammer for this purpose - anyone who has anything
more than a passing interest in Space Marines is going to have spare shoulder
armour lying around all over the place.  My issue du jour is around getting the
Stormies to look like Black Templars - they should be mainly black with white
highlights, but black Stormie helmets (Pilots) are very hard to come by, and I
don't want to start painting Lego.  Anyone who has a couple of dozen pilot figs
lying around can apply here...

In other news, Warhammer decals stick to Lego bricks just fine (so my Black
Templars vehicles, in their black and white livery, are even more authentic).

Has there been any advance on chatting with fest co-ordinators for the end of
April?

Richard
Still baldly going...