 Local / Australia / 13159
Re: Impact of New Colours -- 1 year later [Was: Deathstar]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 04:49:27 GMT

"Kerry Raymond" <kraymond@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

Oh well, at least it has just saved me the hundreds of dollars that I
might
otherwise have spent.

[snip]

I am curious how the rest of you have reacted to the colour change. Have
your buying habits changed? Is this what you would have predicted? (But
please don't rehash the arguments about the colour change -- you can read
all the old postings on the  LUGnet archives if you feel the need to
maintain your rage).

Can't say I've been overly affected by the colour changes except when it
comes to trying to find a specific piece for building. I have to use a
stronger light when sorting colours so I don't mix up Reddish Brown and Old
Brown and grey with bley.

I have been affected, howver, by the lack of inspiring designs in the recent
run of sets. I use to go to a store and say "I wouldn't mind one of those"
these days it's "nope, nothing interesting". This might be tied in with the
colour changes, though I couldn't say for sure.

I imagine the colour changes will start to affect me in about 5 years time
when they begin to appear in secondhand lego.  Can you imagine this - a
friend buys a huge lot of lego for a great price at a garage sale. "it's got
lots of grey just like you use in your designs". You finally take possession
of the collection and eagerly sift through. "Wow! Grey!" you say. Then you
turn on the other light and realise "Wait! This is BLEY". Your well meaning
friend quietly shuffles away swearing to never buy a job lot of Lego for you
ever again..

It could happen :)

cheers

SAB