 Local / Australia / 12929
Re: Question about Technic parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:56:18 GMT

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message
news:I8AsD7.1JDE@lugnet.com...
If you want sets that are clearly "techinc" but not actually labeled
"technic", the Inventor sets clearly count.

True, except they are post-Bionicles. And I was trying to work out when
Technic elements became popular in non-Technic sets.  Wasn't so much after
sets as trying to determine when the shift happened. I'm now guessing that
it was in 2000 or there abouts. Probably around about the time that Technic
sets were released that were aimed at the younger audience.

Of course, the whole reason behind this thread, is me trying to work out how
I suddenly ended up with so much Technic spare parts when it all used to fit
nicely into two Fischer boxes and an ice-cream container. Which came about
as I started to finally sort out some of my Lego and realising just how much
Technic stuff I appeared to have accumulated in the last 3 years :)

Things (ie Lego) used to be a lot simpler ;)

cheers

SAB