 Local / Australia / 12529
12528  |  12530
Subject:
no reserves on aussie ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 04:05:32 GMT

Got an email from ebay(australia) saying they were getting rid of 'reserve'
amounts for auctions. They said it was only for auctions run through .au,
as opposed to running auctions in other currencies like in US$ which means
they would run as per normal (with a 'reserve' auction).
ebay.de may have had a similar policy mentioned in the email.

The email stated the majority of members favoured this change, though I guess
there are more buyers than sellers as members. Anyone here express an opinion
either way to ebay ?

They also claimed a higher auction clearance rate, which isn't surprising if
starting bids are lower than the value of the item ;^)

Anyone else getting SPAM disguised as 'Questions for seller' ?

pete.w