 Local / Australia / 12003
Re: Melbourne trip next thursday any thing happening ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:02:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Matthew Wightwick wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Travis Matheson wrote:
Hi i will be in melbourne next thursday 22-4-04 any chance of a meet would be
cool. I am always looking for parts for sets and a'm looking forward to see oz
bricks store. I will be in melbourne 22-4-04 until 3-5-04. Also am looking for
reasonable priced accomadation in area around colonial stadium if any-one
has a
suggestion that would be appreciated football related commitments.

Well timed, a few days earlier and you could have attended a meet, as for
accommodation, I've no idea, sorry.  However maybe we could organise a
weekend excursion (25th?) as a group to the OzBricks store, but I don't
know if the other MUGS would be interested so soon after the last
meet.  Just an idea from my crazed mind...

I don't believe OzBricks operates as a non-internet shop anymore. When I went
there last year, I only found a florist, not a shop that was half florist, half
Lego store.

Hopefully Michael Golaszewski can inform us otherwise, but I don't think a
physical visit to OzBricks is possible anymore.

Ross's idea of a visit to a cafe sounds pretty promising though. Since you'll be
staying in the city, maybe Federation Square? (And from there, a quick tram ride
to Myers, or Target, or Big W?)

Cheers,

Matthew W.
The sunday the 25th for is good for me footy is the saturday game all
suggestions are greatly appriciated. Any one able to confirm if oz bricks is
still a shop?? and where for my benifit as all i have is a map book and basic
melbourne area knowledge.