 Local / Australia / 11771
11770  |  11772
Subject:
Studfest [roman numeral for this one, there having been so many I have lost count)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:11:34 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Dudes and dudettes,

The Sydney and surrounds gang got their blocks in a row today for the first time
in eight months, at James' place in Dee Why (thanks James).

The chatted, inspected mocs, agreed upon the range of Lego issues in the way
that one might expect the generally laid back Studs to agree, and then played
BrikWars for a little over 4 hours.

I had a brilliant time (thanks James, Richie, PeteW and DaveI).

I have over 70 pictures (including about 45 good ones ;-) and will try to post
some later on this week.

For BrikWars afficionados, I note that we played a combination of TL2 and TL3
based around the Napoleonic Wars.  My 300CP Prussians and James' 500CP Austrians
against Richie's 800CP French (with, I think, some Belgians). Richie's dudes had
beaten us to an old (read 'with part city wall') town shortly before us, and had
hastily fortified it, before we arrived to attempt to drive him out.

After suitably chaotic and ferocious festivities, including Cuirassiers charging
along castle wall parapets, flaming limbers exploding, and champions leaping out
of the way of concentrated musket fire Matrix-style, 2 Prussians made it away
with their lives and little else (one pushing the other unconscious on a hand
cart), about 4 Austrians made it away, to join up with three Austrian gun crews
outside the town (who had been taking tea for most of the afternoon), and 5
Frenchman - 3 Infantrymen and 2 Artillerymen - gallantly remained in charge of
what was left of the town.  Methinks the town may have proved harder to hold the
next day ;-)

Just brilliant.

We may have stumbled onto a handy balance of size, detail and fun.  I think 300
- 500CP might become a feature of future BrikWars.  As usual, James did a
fabulous job as GM.

Thanks guys.

We agreed that the next meet, in 2008 if not before, will be at James' place,
wherever that may be then.

I have a suspicion that we may get together before then.  Maybe in June of 2004,
unless the etherial national fest gets a lot less etherial some time soon :-)

Richard
Still baldly going...