 Local / Australia / 11832
Re: Studfest [lots, probably 18. Hey that's quite a few for an Australian club!]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 07:16:56 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons wrote:

I have a suspicion that we may get together before then.  Maybe in
June of 2004, unless the etherial national fest gets a lot less
etherial some time soon :-)

Writing after the whole MegaOzConvetionThingy posts, etherial seems to be
where it is staying. That said, if there's no national fest in June perhaps
STUDS might have a meet and throw it open to interstaters if they wants to be
bothered traveling. Not doing anything extra or special mind you, no
competions, no organised group builds, just making room for a few extra bods.

Sounds like an entirely well thought out plan to me.  Are there any takers for
venue.  I think James demonstrated most impressively how tons of space is not
strictly required for a very fine fest.  You're all welcome at my place, but I
am a very long way away (near Mittagong).

James (who is off to give his black coats musket practice and maybe a skill
          bonus)

Another entirely sensible thought.  With just a little extra practice, a musket
equipped squad advancing line abreast, or even standing still line abreast can
be quite daunting.  And I seriously doubt the Prussions would care for Austrian
support otherwise ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...

Has anyone else noticed that .loc.au is doing superlatively well in the traffic
stakes of late?