 Local / Australia / 11684
Re: Meeting in Sydney (or... learning about Napolean's dates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:45:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse wrote:¬
I'd been fine with that, pending some tips on what kinds of
buildings (and other scenery) to bring to fight around and,
more importantly, someone pointing out what time period
weapons and tactics Napoleanic actually covers.
Depends a bit on whether Richie is keen for us to think that Napoleon is
invincible. It's muskets and cannon, horses, brightly coloured uniforms and > big hats with feathers in.
Tactics are fairly limited: pointless volleys of musketfire before running
with bayonets and close quarters musketry. Cavalry charges are fun, and
cutting off enemies' lines of retreat is considered particularly clever.

Being a medi-evil kinda guy horses are not a problem, neither cannon (if I raid
the pirate ships I have sitting around) but big hats?

Terrain is generally flatish, with maybe a ridge or a bridge (with suitable > water obstacle)

Sounds like a job for the green felt again!

Cannonfire drenched masonry makes for good buildings (and cover).
I remember we had a BrikWars before where your trees and cottages were >perfect for this sort of thing.

I've been working on minifig scale Cathedral buildings, so no worries there.

The sharp end is WHERE and WHEN. Given that only three people have thus spake
and we might get another one or two if we prod, My new place is an option (if a
little far) Any objections to Sunday the 29th? (I recall Sundays as being most
acceptable to STUDS) Or the following, 7th of March?

James (who's off to order some "shoot me" uniforms for the horses)