 Local / Australia / 11677
Re: Meeting in Sydney (or... learning about Napolean)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 03:07:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons wrote:
In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse wrote:
Do keen people want to suggest dates and locations

I imagine they would.
And no doubt Richie, with his visions of 'une plus grande sphère Pacifique
de co-prospérité' would have interesting trinkets to be showing off too ;-)

Yes, alas the settlement of Port Brique is (a) not easily transportable and
(b) not located at my place of residence, so a public viewing is not likely
for a couple of months yet.
However, it [is] modular, and I'd like to show off a few bits. IIRC the HMLS
Demand hasn't sailed to a STUDfest yet, either.

Perhaps I could bring along a detachment of Bloquarie's 73rd Regiment of
Foot, currently disembarking in Port Block from the Hindustan and Dromedary,
prior to restoring some order and seeing off the 102nd Foot, and we could
try a small (300pt?) Napoleanic BrikWars...

I'd been fine with that, pending some tips on what kinds of buildings (and other
scenery) to bring to fight around and, more importantly, someone pointing out
what time period weapons and tactics Napoleanic actually covers. Sorry I know
it's probably one of those things everyone knows but the world history I studied
petered out at about the end of the Roman Empire.

James (who didn't study that much history anyways)