 Local / Australia / 11570
Re: LUGnet -- home at last
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:16:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
   No whining from Australians at the moment, though, although our lack of pick a brick generally (and brown shovels particularly), was a tempting target.

Having PaB won’t stop the whining, it’ll just change the lyrics - “they don’t have the pink slopes I need, and the greys look wrong”.

Brilliant!

   However, I would like to know what all this talk about buying 2004 sets is about. Has the New Year been and gone already up north?

Haven’t you heard: in Sep - Mar the days are shorter in the northern hemisphere than in the southern, therefore the new year must come sooner in the north. It all averages out in the northern winter, though, and it is quite safe to cross the equator at either equinox.

Cheers

Richie Dulin