 Local / Australia / 11569
Re: LUGnet -- home at last
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 05:17:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:

   LegofanX demands that Lego cease ignoring castle fans and produce a 1000 piece set, for US$50 ($A30, naturally), which is not made in ugly, useless Bionicle style, featuring Bruce Hietbrink’s Aragorn minifig, and include only the real colours (not the ugly new greys and brown),

What’s the fuss? Everyone knows that true classic castles are yellow anyway. I don’t hold with these new fangled colours like grey and green.

   and no new-fangled round edged studs; if they don’t produce it, then a clone manufacturer should (and we’d accept the clones, because it’s something we’ve been demanding for years).

Brand loyalty only lasts as long as they do what we want. Lego ignores this at their peril. Megabloks are famous for giving their fans what they want. We’ll switch if we have to.

   Of course, the whole thing should be announced simultaneously in Br*cks Magazine (incidentally, where is Br*cks Magazine, anyway? Defunct.) and at the next STUDS meeting.

How dare you take that tone! Now I’m not going to tell you what really happened with Bricks Magazine.

   Furthermore, LegofanX has every right to demand this, because he is a nice guy.

Of course.

Incidentally, I left one off the list, but found an example overnight:

Someone boasting about being privy to secret information from Lego. (Because, on LUGNET, it’s not a secret unless you tell people...)

No whining from Australians at the moment, though, although our lack of pick a brick generally (and brown shovels particularly), was a tempting target.

Having PaB won’t stop the whining, it’ll just change the lyrics - “they don’t have the pink slopes I need, and the greys look wrong”.

However, I would like to know what all this talk about buying 2004 sets is about. Has the New Year been and gone already up north?

Allister