 Local / Australia / 11565
Re: LUGnet -- home at last
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:45:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Pete White wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin wrote:
   I’m sure all these things could be combined into one mega-thread without too much effort...

That would be much too difficult. It would involve the co-operation of too many different semi-secret government agencies and toy corporations.

Nonsense:

LegofanX demands that Lego cease ignoring castle fans and produce a 1000 piece set, for US$50 ($A30, naturally), which is not made in ugly, useless Bionicle style, featuring Bruce Hietbrink’s Aragorn minifig, and include only the real colours (not the ugly new greys and brown), and no new-fangled round edged studs; if they don’t produce it, then a clone manufacturer should (and we’d accept the clones, because it’s something we’ve been demanding for years).

Of course, the whole thing should be announced simultaneously in Br*cks Magazine (incidentally, where is Br*cks Magazine, anyway? Defunct.) and at the next STUDS meeting.

Furthermore, LegofanX has every right to demand this, because he is a nice guy.

Incidentally, I left one off the list, but found an example overnight:

Someone boasting about being privy to secret information from Lego. (Because, on LUGNET, it’s not a secret unless you tell people...)

No whining from Australians at the moment, though, although our lack of pick a brick generally (and brown shovels particularly), was a tempting target.

Cheers

Richie