 Local / Australia / 11560
Re: LUGnet -- home at last
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:50:58 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond wrote:
Ah, the bliss, the joy of a working LUGnet via NNTP!

Ever since the DoS attack on LUGnet's NNTP default port, I've been living in
an almost LUGnet-free zone, as I live in Fortress DSTC, whose firewall
wouldn't allow me to access LUGnet via NNTP using other ports. At the same
time, work went absolutely ballistic for weeks on end, so I barely had time
to sleep (I'm not kidding I was working from about 5am to 9pm most days, I
was ready to drop from exhaustion) let alone muck around with trying to
access LUGnet through the WWW. Then I was out of Brisbane for most of
October, missing all the Lego sales apparently.

Net result. Not much LUGnetting for me lately. Not much Lego-ing either.

However, things are now looking up. I have now got the firewall allowing me
to access LUGnet via NNTP.

Welcome back!

You'll find not much has changed in your absence. There is:

Cheap Lego in Australia (yay!)
Reference to a possible future STUDS meeting
Complaint about Lego's product (new shade of grey, and rounded studs)
IP theft (of stolen IP)
Discussion about clones that are Megablocks vs clones that train fans want
Defense of someone on the basis that he is a 'nice guy'
Claims that Castle is being poorly treated
Criticism of Bionicle
Demands for 'nnn' set, containing 'ppp' pieces from Lego
A question about Bricks Magazine (and the usual short, uninformative answer)

I'm sure all these things could be combined into one mega-thread without too
much effort...

;-)

Cheers

Richie