 Local / Australia / 11322
Re: Uploading pics at Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 14:53:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, David Ishak wrote:
Hi all,

Just need a little input or should I say advice on the best or preferred method
on uploading pics onto a Brickshelf folder.

At the moment all my pics are kept in a file I have created. The pics
automatically download from my Digi camera as Bitmap and they seem to be all
around the 1.37mg size. The actual photo sizes are 800 x 600.

When I upload these pics to Brickshelf it can take up to 4-5 minutes for each
pic and when viewing them from Brickshelf it takes another 4-5 mins to see
it????????

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Is this just normal?

Your problems are here:

'1.37mg size. The actual photo sizes are 800 x 600'

and in this case (from just what you have said) you have done nothing wrong. Its
normal too, 1.3meg should take about 5 mins on a normal non cable (broadband)
internet link.

And please just because you have broadband DOESNT mean a 1.3 meg picture is ok!

I like Brickshelf but I really dislike the super huge pictures it has here is
some points for image veiwing on the internet (yes, I understand you are new at
this):

Crop out ANY and ALL unnecessary parts of the image, ie: do not use a picture of
your MOC etc. in the centre with 3-4cm (on screen) border of background showing
(your room, other parts of your house etc.) Crop it if not needed (use the 'copy
to' button under 'edit' in 'MS paint' -only go from BMP to BMP for this, then
save as a JPG-)

Image size in dots per inch (dpi) need not be more then 72! not like I have seen
upwards of 1000dpi (all put the top line monitors (top line = very expensive)
monitors can NOT show above 72 anyhow (dpi is more about printers then monitors
anyhow) - just because its on the screen, and says its 1000dpi does not mean
your seeing it at that scale! (but you will notice on a print)
Dont think you can do much about this in 'MS Paint'

Try and keep image size below 640 x 480, or less.

Hopefully this is of some help.

Troy

PS ...who is in favor of brickshelp picture limits...