 Local / Australia / 11317
Re: Uploading pics at Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 10:00:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, David Ishak wrote:
Hi all,

Just need a little input or should I say advice on the best or preferred method
on uploading pics onto a Brickshelf folder.

At the moment all my pics are kept in a file I have created. The pics
automatically download from my Digi camera as Bitmap and they seem to be all
around the 1.37mg size. The actual photo sizes are 800 x 600.

When I upload these pics to Brickshelf it can take up to 4-5 minutes for each
pic and when viewing them from Brickshelf it takes another 4-5 mins to see
1.3 Mb?  Yowzer... 4-5 minutes sounds right on a dial-up connection, which is
what I have.

If you have an image editor you could change your files to jpegs, which tend to
have smaller file sizes, without losing much quality.  You'll get a lot more
people viewing your stuff if they don't have to wait so long to see it.  Most
files on Brickshelf are jpegs for this very reason.

Strictly from a photographic and computer graphics layperson...

Michael