 Local / Australia / 10212
Re: coming sales :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 02:46:44 GMT

dates: 21/11 - 8/12
technic motorbike 8430 $29.95, save $32
technic crane 8431 $69.95, save $109

This sale appears to be happening in Queensland too. I just carried off two of
the technic cranes, one for me and one as a gift. There were at least 4 sets
left on the shelf at Myer Indooroopilly afterwards and about 4-5 of the
motorbike (which I already have so I was not interested). Of course, there
might be even more out back. The sales assistant said they were expecting the
cranes to sell quickly at that discount. Note that all of the items were listed
at the original price on the box and/or on the shelf, but did scan at the sale
price at the register. I didn't notice the quantity of the other heavily
discounted items, but can confirm that there was a general 20% off  on Lego
(apart from those more heavily discounted items). Note I did get an additional
discount for being a Coles Myer shareholder.

KMART
dates: 23/11 - 29/11
UCS X-Wing 7191 $109, save $140
Imperial Shuttle 7166 $34.99, save $23.85
Tie Fighter 7146 $19.99, save $18.83

I didn't realise that the KMart sale doesn't start till Saturday, so while
there is plenty of stock on the shelves today (at least 6 UCS X-Wings and more
of the others on shelf), it's all much more expensive right now (yeah, I
scanned it to check). However, there is a 20% Lego sale happening at KMart as
well at the moment, and there are plenty of Blue Tubs (just well-hidden in the
back aisle at Indooroopilly near the beanbags and not near the toys). However,
I did not get an additional discount for being a Coles Myer shareholder, so you
might do better to go to Myer for the general 20% sale for sets available at
both stores.

Kerry