 Local / Australia / 10204
Re: coming sales :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 23:02:32 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Brad Linsley writes:
First up, a big thanks to Ben for the info :) I never seem to get Grace Bros
catalogs on time anymore, if at all.
Thanks from me too Ben, we hadn't received the catalogue as of this morning.

<snip>
Woman that works there (I'm guessing the head of the dept since everybody I
spoke to had to go check with her) warned that they will be gone by Thursday
afternoon at that price.

I was at GB's chatswood at 9:00 this morning, and by 9:01 they were sold
out, because I'd bought their *one* 8431 on display.

However, there may be no need to panic. After I complained about the cynical
nature of retail advertising, they pacified me be telling me that they had
lots more out the back that they hadn't got around to processing yet, and
took my name & phone number to give me the first one out of the storeroom
(although they warned me it's likely to be a week or more before they get
their processing done).

I'm taking that promise with a grain of salt. I'm not desperate for an 8431
myself (the one I bought is a gift for someone else), but if one comes along
at $70, I'll grab it. BUT.... I wonder if this is going to be similar to
last years(?) sale of the polar bases where GBs had an awful lot, which hung
around a long time after their initial sale.

Cheers

Richie