 Local / Australia / 10063
Re: .loc.au stats for October
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 00:42:55 GMT

You are of course correct. "Me too" posts are generally of a fairly low
quality. I suggest that we use "I concur" instead, or "you are of course
correct."

Regarding online dictionaries: I use a little .exe file that latches itself
to IE. When you right click on a highlighted word on a webpage the menu
gives you a 'define' option that opens up the Merriam Webster Dictionary
site to the relevant word. It's very useful, only 63kB in size and is
freeware, so if anyone wants it I can email it on. It is an American
dictionary containing such abuses of the English language as "color" and
"sidewalk", so some members may not like it, but other than that it's a nice
little program.

Allister

In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:

Well, I like to lead by example here, Larry. Look at the responses to my
posting on quality metrics. Do you see quality responses? Yes! Do you see
anyone mentioning "wasssssuuuuupppp" or "insectoids"? No! If enough of us do
our bit by sending quality posts, then with luck, we will intellectually
intimidate the low-quality posters into purchasing a dictionary (or at least
finding one on-line) before replying. It's hard to say "me too" if you haven't
the faintest idea what you are agreeing to.