 Local / Australia / 10076
Re: .loc.au stats for October
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 00:38:21 GMT

"David Drew" <david@hydrowash.com.au> wrote in message
news:001b01c28516$aa9918d0$0200a8c0@David...
Okay, hands up all those who think Kerry's spent too long in post-modern
academia.

Oh, I'd go further, and suggest that the level of verbosity that she employs
in her 'quality' discourse is actually so over-informative (and overly
detailed) as to be counterproductive, in the sense that there is so much
information to digest that the 'average' .loc.au reader[1] gives up before
they get halfway through her post. Such a thing represents, IMHO, just
another instance of the signal-to-noise problem.

Personally I value succinctness above all else, and will even tolerate a
certain amount of terseness as a means to achieving such an end.

--
Cheers,
Paul

[1] Apologies for any offense given... ;-)