 Local / Australia / 10029
  Re: S@H catalogue

(...) *All* shoppers? Or maybe just some? Or maybe just a very very few who whinge a lot for no valid reason? (...) A number of US BrickLink(tm) sellers get a lot of catalogs and will be happy to include one in an order you place with them, if (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: S@H catalogue

(...) Not all shoppers individually perhaps, but certainly all shoppers collectively. While we now have S@H in Australia (and new cheaper shipping too), LEGO does seem to have a low priority for, if not a low opinion of, their Australian market. The (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: S@H catalogue

Dredging up an old thread (...) I think this is a semantic difference, "shoppers" vs. "market". L A chooses not to serve the A market the way that you would prefer, for whatever reason. Their opinion of particular shoppers may be a small factor but (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: S@H catalogue

(...) Oh well, I'd better respond. Got to keep the .loc.au post count up, after all ;-) (...) I'd go for 'infinitesimally small factor', rather than 'small factor', but then, despite recent assertions to the contrary, I cannot read the mind of LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: S@H catalogue

(...) We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Perhaps my sample set differs from yours, however, for whatever reasons. (...) No, but that's not what I said either. Markets can consist of other things than nations. (...) I think it more than (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: S@H catalogue

(...) <SNIP> (...) Well...The LA "execs" really weren't doing all that much back then...however they have recently started to improve their handling of LEGO in Oz...We've returned to a shared UK/Aus catalogue/product range instead of a pruned down (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: S@H catalogue

Things I wish Lego Australia would do: 1.more info about what is comming out and what isnt comming out and when 2.more work with fan groups in all states 3.get catalogs out earlier (I am not a marketing person but I would think that doing as much (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Assistance from LEGO to local groups (was Re: S@H catalogue)

(...) -snip- (...) -snip- Jake and LEGO Direct have experience working with fan groups - LEGO Australia do not (AFAIK). Now we have a (URL) offer> from Jake to listen to our ideas, I think the ball is well and truly in our court to respond with a (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Assistance from LEGO to local groups (was Re: S@H catalogue)

(...) The pertinent question here is: What kind of work would we like LA to do with adult fans? The situation here in Aus is totally different to the US in that a)we are a much much smaller group b)we don't have local people involved in things like (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Assistance from LEGO to local groups (was Re: S@H catalogue)

(...) Train exhibitions: Signage, promotional material (handouts, possibly hats and T-shirts for exhibitors), prizes for guessing/finding competitions and advertising (world club magazine). I think train exhibitions are the only (current) event (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)