 Local / *66507 (-20)
  Re: Back in Brisbane is me

(...) So where are you working now? Kerry (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Exchange rate at Shop@home?

(...) I stand corrected. Shipping within the US will is about US$35. (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Exchange rate at Shop@home?

(...) Yes. If you have any friends in the States, use the US S@H portal and send it to their address, and get them to ship it over. Even if it costs $100 to ship it, you'll still come out well ahead [1]. I understand US customers get free shipping (...) (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Exchange rate at Shop@home?

(...) It also pays to remember that the exchange rates used by TLG are determined well in advance of the price being announced (as announced by someone official sometime). A fairer comparison is probably the exchange rate six to twelve months ago. (...) (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Exchange rate at Shop@home?

(...) There's little chance of having it rectified in the short term, unless it is a typo on the site. Consistency of pricing between markets is an issue on the Ambassadors' list which is being pursued with LEGO. Cheers Richie Dulin LEGO Ambassador (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Exchange rate at Shop@home?

(...) There's little chance of having it rectified in the short term, unless it is a typo on the site. Consistency of pricing between markets is an issue on the Ambassadors' list which is being pursued with LEGO. Cheers Richie Dulin LEGO Ambassador (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Back in Brisbane is me

Hi all, Just to 'officially' announce my return to Brisbane to all the people in .loc.au. I'm back for at least two years. Tim (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Exchange rate at Shop@home?

I haven't bought from shop@home for a while, but the exchange rate there is ridiculous. For US buyers, the UCS Millennium Falcon is only US$499, but for us Aussies, it's A$979. This equates to an exchange rate of 51c. At current exchange rates, it (...) (17 years ago, 31-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  7998 Heavy Hauler (Classic Truck) half price in Argos

Lego UK price £34.99 / Argos price £17.49 - this is the standard price for the catalogue that runs to the end of this year... Argos catalogue reference 387/0983 ...and I've just seen that Huw posted this on Brickset on Jul 28... I wonder if this (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Trains at Merrist Wood

Hi All, I've put together a load of my video clips from this year's Merrist Wood Summer Show (Guildford, Surrey, UK) which was held on the 20th of May. The clips were of the joint layout by myself and Ben Rogers. Ben's trains were Thomas the Tank (...) (17 years ago, 30-Jul-07, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk, FTX)

  Re: Mugs meeting

(...) Thanks for coming to our meeting Michael, and I hope you can come to another one in the future! Cheers, Paul (17 years ago, 29-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Mugs meeting

Just wanted to say thanks for allowing me to check-out your creations today i gained some very helpful tips for my own train layout and have been inspired to buy some more tan creator builind sets. The melbourne lego group are a great bunch of (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Thanks Gary for a great social day for BLTG

I just want to say thanks to BLTG's new president Gary for providing a great social day out with the BBQ on Saturday (yesterday)he always puts on a great spread. Good to see everyone that did attend and talk about what has been going on always (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Some sort of EWB project

(...) It was an EWB project from the start - they devised it as a fund-raiser for their renewable energy programs. They sought help on the LEGO design from LEGO Australia, who contacted me, being an ambassador and having recently worked with me on (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Some sort of EWB project

(...) Rosco I got the same crap in an Email as well and have asked a few questions of Mr Ackland about why is Lego being the medium for this project and why wern't the local Adult Lego Groups used to build it instead of some engineers. As this is (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Some sort of EWB project

(...) Pete, Here is the blurb I received from EWB on commencement of the project: Australian public to combat climate change by building wind turbines! === During Engineering Week 2007 (August 20-24), the Australian public will help Engineers (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: nclug website down?

"Steve Farrell" <sjfarrell_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:JLu80B.6wM@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Both sites are back online now, sorry about that. Best place to find information for NCLUG activities is to join the NCLUG Yahoo (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: Ghent

(...) David, I don't know Ghent that much, but shopping for LEGO in Belgium isn't usually that much interesting. However, there are a few BeLUG members in the area, so maybe they'll know more; I relayed (URL) request to the BeLUG forum>. Actually, I (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.be, FTX)

  Some sort of EWB project

Ritchie Mr Ambasador do you know any thing about the above mentioned project taking place in all or capital cities sometime in August??? I got a piece of junk mail about it and have not seen anything on here mentioned. Cheers Peter Parsons #348 (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.au)

  Ghent

I am visiting Ghent with my daughter for a few days in August. Are there any good LEGO shops in Ghent? Thank you David (17 years ago, 28-Jul-07, to lugnet.loc.be)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact