 LEGOLAND / California / 485
  Lego Sports Center at LLCA

Looks like April 12th is going to be a busy day at LLCA. In addition to the opening of the Bionicle Blaster ride they will be opening a new 'Sports Center'. Here is the blurb about it: "In addition to featuring the newest NBA and NHL-themed LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Lego Sports Center at LLCA

(...) Technic Test Track Diner Russell (21 years ago, 13-Mar-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Lego Sports Center at LLCA

(...) Does this mean they are giving up at serving 'food' there? We were just there at BW, and the kitchen looked untouched. I would am curious to see how they work it out. But I hope they gave up serving food there, it was by far the worst (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Lego Sports Center at LLCA

(...) I don't know about the food part. I believe Tim Courtney was the one I asked about the future of the Diner. I'm almost certain he said it was going to be a new Sports area. Russell (21 years ago, 13-Mar-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Lego Sports Center at LLCA

(...) Whuh? I hadn't heard this before. Anyone have more details? Please define "huge selection"!! <grin> Sounds like a good excuse to visit Carlsbad again... ;-) JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 13-Mar-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Bulk Bricks at LLCA [Re: Lego Sports Center at LLCA]

(...) They are going to take out all the Bionicle stuff out of the clubhouse, and from what the MC that mainly works in there tells me they are going to expand the room (take out the counter where the food and current register are and remove a wall (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Bulk Bricks at LLCA [Re: Lego Sports Center at LLCA]

(...) <snip> (...) Thanks Mark! Sounds like they are moving in the direction of the Lego Shop at Milton Keynes (and in the direction that LL Windsor is rumored to be moving as well), which is great news! (21 years ago, 13-Mar-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Bulk Bricks at LLCA

(...) Oh geeze, you're killing me here! This makes me wish I lived a LOT closer to LLCA!! So, all I need is someone who lives in the Carlsbad area (and has a season pass to LL) to be my new *best friend*... <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 13-Mar-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Lego Sports Center at LLCA

In lugnet.legoland.california, Mark Papenfuss writes: [snip] (...) Just an update, what was the Test Track Diner will be the new Sports Cafe. And the Sports Arena will be a new building that is located next to the Technic Coaster. It will be on the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Lego Sports Center at LLCA

Hello, I'm new here. I work at Legoland, in the Attractions Department. The grand opening of the Sports Center was just a couplea weeks ago on the 15th. I worked the special event that day. We had kids come in from the "San Diego Inner City Games" (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.legoland.california)