 LEGOLAND / California / 485
484  |  486
Subject:
Lego Sports Center at LLCA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:56:57 GMT

Looks like April 12th is going to be a busy day at LLCA. In addition to the
opening of the Bionicle Blaster ride they will be opening a new 'Sports
Center'. Here is the blurb about it:

"In addition to featuring the newest NBA and NHL-themed LEGO SPORTS Build &
Play toys and attractions, the LEGO® SPORTS Center will also offer football
and soccer-related activities geared towards youngsters.

Soccer fans will have the chance to test their skills as they kick for speed
and accuracy. Life-sized NBA players constructed entirely out of LEGO®
bricks will tower over young guests while they shoot baskets at hoops of
various heights.

In addition, kids can compare the size of their handprints to those of
famous sports heroes. Other activities include a quarterback pass and an
Extreme Sports Show, during the summer season, while a newly revamped Sports
Diner will energize hungry young athletes."

Looks like a cool addition. Does anybody know where it is going to be? I
thought it was going to go in the Galidor room, but that is going to be
taken over by the new Bionicle display (The Maniac Clubhouse is getting
turned into a 100% bulk brick store with a huge selection). So any idea
where it is going to be? The 2 MCs I asked had no idea.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com