 LEGOLAND / California / 405
  Umm, Legoland CA - are you there? (Re: Announcing the next LEGO Modelmaking Experience at LEGOLAND W

WHY OH WHY can something like this not happen at Legoland, California? Are we not special? Do you think there is not a market for this? Do you think we do not want it? The thing that gets me is this is not their first one. I *wish* I could be there. (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Umm, Legoland CA - are you there? (Re: Announcing the next LEGO Modelmaking Experience at LEGOLAND W

"mfuss903" <mfuss903@aol.com> wrote in message news:Gwwu06.H3n@lugnet.com... (...) Be aware that the event at LLW isn't actually organised by Lego as such. Clearly LLW participate, but the actual event is organised and administered via Red Letter (...) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Umm, Legoland CA - are you there? (Re: Announcing the next LEGO Modelmaking Experience at LEGOLAND W

(...) in the US? (...) I don't think that will happen again though, now that the BritAFOL community knows about it... :-) --Bill. (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland.windsor, lugnet.dear-lego)

"William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message news:m2n0ug5eyf.fsf@...rds.net... (...) It is interesting that to a large extent the britAFOL community *did* know about it. A large group of the britAFOL (or UKAFOL as we more commonly refer to (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland.windsor, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Umm, Legoland CA - are you there? (Re: Announcing the next LEGO Modelmaking Experience at LEGOLAND W

I'm sure they know we want this in America, but I don't think it is possible. Last I knew, all the models for the California Park were being built in England. If this is true then there just aren't any master builder workspaces at the LL CA. And no (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.dear-lego)

"Jonathan Dallas" <brickmason@legos.zzn.com> wrote in message news:Gx0Frv.I0r@lugnet.com... (...) No, they said at the LLW tour that there was a model maker group at LL CA. I believe it is small at present, and true many of the models were built at (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Umm, Legoland CA - are you there? (Re: Announcing the next LEGO Modelmaking Experience at LEGOLAND W

(...) Yes, there are master Builders at LL CA, we had one visit us during Bricks West. (...) Yup, I have seen little kids running around miniland with cars they have taken form the cities. I thought they were attached to the ground, I was surprsed (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Umm, Legoland CA - are you there? (Re: Announcing the next LEGO Modelmaking Experience at LEGOLAND W

(...) That was true when the park opened, but they hired American Master Builders shortly thereafter. How do I know? We had a presentation at BricksWest by one of them. (...) There is a shop there where you can look in through a window and see LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.dear-lego)