 LEGOLAND / California / 408
Re: Umm, Legoland CA - are you there? (Re: Announcing the next LEGO Modelmaking Experience at LEGOLAND W
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland.windsor, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 00:06:55 GMT

"William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message

And what you might find even more frustrating is that they
apparently cancelled the last one through lack of interest!

I don't think that will happen again though, now that the BritAFOL
community knows about it... :-)

It is interesting that to a large extent the britAFOL community *did* know
about it.
A large group of the britAFOL (or UKAFOL as we more commonly refer to ourselves
as) had gone on the previous event in April.
That was sold out do to the support that was drummed up in lugnet.loc.uk
The same wasn't done in terms of lugnet for the next instance of the event
(today actually).
However, the next event is again being promoted in lugnet and looks like being
a success.

Moral of the tale
1. the event is targetted I guess by RLD to kids. Whereas the real audience who
is going to spend $100 (thats what it cost) is adults
2. if you want to talk to adult lego fans - then lugnet is the place to do it
:-)

Lawrence