 LEGOLAND / California / 354
Re: Ever notice this at LLCA?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland.windsor
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:17:49 GMT

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:12:31 GMT, "Jason J. Railton"
<j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote:

In lugnet.legoland.california, John Cooper writes:
Ever since Legoland opened in Carlsbad, I too have wondered about the
letters along the driveway. But, it's NOT as simple as "welcome" spelled
backwards. As you drive in, the letters appear in the order: LECOMEW. I
don't know if this was just an installation screw-up, or if it was supposed
to be a Lego play on words. So the mystery remains, and maybe got a little
deeper?!

Legoland Windsor has a similar installation, which reminded me of this
discussion.  But, if you look closely, you can see that each letter is
either on a trolley, loaded on a ballista or catapult, or in some sort of
transport mechanism.  I suspect that the idea behind it is that the giant
minifigs are attempting to propel the letters up the drive to the entrance,
where you then see all the letters again, now in the right order spelling
out 'WELCOME'.  I presume the Californian installation is the same.

Jason J Railton

When I went to Legoland CA yesterday, I took a very close look at the
letters in question, and no, they are not mounted on any sort of
transportation device. The MC at the entrance had no idea why the
letters where installed that way.

The quest for the answer continues!

Conrad Frank