 LEGOLAND / Billund / 28
    Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Cary Clark
   I'm planning on going to Denmark in late July. I'll visit Legoland on July 29th and 30th. I just read through lugnet.legoland.billund, but didn't see any mention of the Legoland Hotel, so I'll take pictures and write up a review. It's pricy, but (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.general)

        Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Saskia van Doesburg
     AFAIK most of the Scandinavian people speak English, and they speak it very well. I think most of the population in small countries, like the Dutch :-) , speak English. I'm going to Billund somewhere around August btw and I'm looking forward to it. (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

        Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Sheree Rosenkrantz
     (...) My husband and I were in Copenhagen 20 years ago and communication was no problem then. I would imagine it to be even easier today. Most everyone spoke better english than us. :-) 'course that wouldn't be hard- Gary with his NY Bronx accent (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

         Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Cary Clark
      "sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GD15J3.60y@lugnet.com... (...) Sounds like fun. My wife always likes to find some high place to look around and get her bearings. She's somewhat afraid of heights but always forgets (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

        Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Jake McKee
     (...) In my experience, it is a piece of cake to communicate in Denmark, especially Billund. I don't speak a word of English (embarrassing really, since I work for TLC...) and don't have any trouble at all when I am there. Although it never hurts to (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

         Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Mohan Visvesvaran
     In lugnet.legoland.billund, Jake McKee writes <snip> . I don't speak a word of English (embarrassing really, (...) <snip> I'm pretty sure you meant Danish. Visu (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

        Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Paul Davidson
     Cary, I've heard that most educated Danes speak fairly good English and German, at least in the big towns and cities. Obviously everyone speaks Danish too. :) -- Paul Davidson Cary Clark <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

        Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Lee Nicholls
     (...) There's a few pictures of the hotel on www.lego.com/hotel mostly internal pics. (...) It looks it! (...) Hope you enjoy your trip! Lee (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

        Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Henry Chea
     If you plan on staying at the Legoland Hotel, you should reserve a room asap. When I wanted to go there, I tried to reserve a room a couple weeks in advance (during the summer), and it was booked for months solid! Luckily there are a couple other (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

         Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Cary Clark
     I sent in the web-based reservation form and heard back from Karin Tranholm Sørensen the next day, so my room is confirmed. The reservation confirmation is a Microsoft Word document attached to a blank e-mail. I am normally reluctant to open (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

        Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Tore Eriksson
     I'd really love to revisit Legoland Billund this summer. This time with my daughter and my video camera. If I get the chance, we'll go at the end of July or beginning of August. But I'm afraid my finances will not allow any decent vacation (after (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

        Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Ronald Vallenduuk
     Hi Cary, this summer will be my fourth visit to Billund. Previous visits were in '80, '82, '94. We saw the hotel prices and are definitely looking for a cheaper option... (...) I guess you mean Sjælland, the island that Copenhagen (Köbenhavn) is on? (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

         Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Jake McKee
      (...) There is a nice place 2 minutes walk away from LL called Danehostel. Sorry no contact info. Jake --- AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

         Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Cary Clark
     Duq, my English tourbook translates Sjælland as Zealand; my Danish map has it spelled Sjælland as you suggest. I've often wondered where English translations of foreign places comes from. How do you get 'Germany' out of 'Deutschland'? Thanks for the (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

        Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Huw Millington
      "Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message news:GD0K63.3s0@lugnet.com... (...) ... (...) I went there in 1999, and had no problem with speaking only English. If you've got any questions about the park, Billund or the hotel, feel free (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

        Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Ken Takeuchi
   (...) Hi. I and my wife will go on a trip to Denmark and Sweden in August as a suspended "honeymoon" since our marriage in March. We not only visit Legoland but also will stay in Legoland Hotel, just as you planned. I hope you could inform anyting (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

        Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Cary Clark
   Ken-tucky: I'm leaving on Thursday and will be at Legoland Sunday and Monday. I won't get back until the 6th of August, so I doubt I'll be able to write anything up before you leave. So far, the only special things I know about are the Bionicle (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

        Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer? —Ken Takeuchi
   (...) Hi! Thank you for your reply. Oops, too bad to hear that you aren't back untill 6th of August. As I have to leave here at 8th. Both date is too close then I cannot force you to inform something as soon as possible. Well, maybe I bring my (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)

        I wish I had read this thread before tonight —Will Middelaer
    (...) My wife and I are in Billund tonigh. We just spent the day at Legoland after taking an unplanned side trip up here while touring Belguim and Germany. The park is awesome, we had a great time and I can reccommend the trip to anyone. We do not (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jul-01, to lugnet.legoland.billund)