 LEGOLAND / Billund / 30
Re: Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.billund
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 18:47:27 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.billund, Cary Clark writes:
I'm planning on going to Denmark in late July. I'll visit Legoland on
July 29th and 30th. I just read through lugnet.legoland.billund, but
didn't see any mention of the Legoland Hotel, so I'll take pictures and
write up a review. It's pricy, but what the hey, it'll probably be the
only time I ever go to Denmark.

My visit to Denmark is half-structured (a bicycle tour of Zealand) and
half-unstructured (get a rental car and drive around). My wife already
knows that my agenda is to try to discover toy stores in small towns
that haven't been plundered to death. We took a tour of Ireland a couple
of years ago before my current legomania but we didn't see any toy
stores in the little villages and I would have noticed. Ireland and
Denmark have roughly similar populations so I'm not getting my hopes up,
much.

We won't be taking any big ferry rides so I doubt I'll get a chance at
those sets. Any must-visit towns or toy stores? We'll spend a fair
amount of time in Copenhagen.

Also, what's your experience with English in Denmark? Is it possible to
get by in English, or does most of the population speak only Danish?

Thanks

Cary

My husband and I were in Copenhagen 20 years ago and communication was no
problem then.  I would imagine it to be even easier today.  Most everyone
spoke better english than us.  :-)  'course that wouldn't be hard- Gary with
his NY Bronx accent and me with my southern drawl.  Both twangs have
disminished a bit over time... cross contamination?

We were only there for a about 12 hrs inbetween trains, don't remember if we
were heading North or South... We put our packs in lockers and visited a
museum or two?, Tivoli and  the Rundetårn (The Round Tower).

I would highly recommend seeing the Rundetårn.  I can still remember walking
the internal spiral.
http://www.rundetaarn.dk/engelsk/facts_om_rundetaarn.htm
Main site-
http://www.rundetaarn.dk/engelsk/frames.htm

Train show in June
Brickfest in mid July
LegoLand Billund in Late July + Copenhagen and surrounds

Some people have it tough... ;-)
How many days cycling? from where to where or is it a circular route?  with
a group or just the two of you?

ah... to be a vagabond again...
I bet it will be a wonderful trip.  [and I hope it will result in a bounty
of Lego. Should any Fabuland cross your path I might know someone who would
be interested in it.  sometimes I know this ? person and sometimes I
don't...  thus explaining the email sig once referred to.]

sheree