 LEGOLAND / 49
Re: New LEGOLAND park in the works
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 02:19:43 GMT

In lugnet.legoland, Mark R. Nusekabel writes:
Tampa would be sweet (since I live here).  It's not as congested as Orlando,
and I think the cost of land and whatnot is a bit cheaper.  One could only
dream for such a thing (*sigh*).  But, Orlando is only an hour away.  Surely,
if I can drive all the way up there just to see the Lego Imagination Center
then I can make my way up to go to Legoland.  Do they have annual passes like
other theme parks do?

+Z+

I would love Miami or Ft. Lauderdale (since I live here), but, I think Orlando
or West Palm Beach (were Playmobil has a park) will win out. I can get to
Orlando in less 3 hours between 9PM and 6AM on the Florida Turnpike averaging
70MPH, so its not that bad. And if they finnally do decide if they are going
to build the bullet trains, that would take me there in 90 minutes. MiniLand
USA will rock...building it in Florida undoubtly means they will recreate
Miami and Miami Beach in LEGO bricks. That will be cool. BankAmerica Building,
First Union Tower, Ocenia, White Diamond, Bayside Market, American Airlines
Arena and more, and don't forget how cool the Port of Miami would look with
all those huge cruise ships leaving port! Maybe they will even recreate my
house :-). I would also expect New York City and Washington DC recreations
like at LEGOLand Carslbad. I would not, however, look for the New Orleans and
New England recreations. Atlanta and/or Orlando (the theme parks, not thier
dull skyline) would make more sense. Then top it off with either Los Angeles
or San Fransisco, or maybe midwestern America. That would be very nice. All
guesses, of course, but they don't seem impossible at all. Let's just hope its
Florida and not Virginia. Florida offers the clear advantage, but I wouldn't
put Virginia out of the running just yet. And, yes, LEGOLand does have annual
passes like Disney World and Universal (I love theme parks, so I have annual
passes to both), for $99 a year. Even better, they have a lifetime pass for
$1,000.