 LEGOLAND / 39
38  |  40
Subject:
New LEGOLAND park in the works
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 02:57:11 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

   The May 11th issue of The Orlando Sentinal had an article stating:

"Lego Co., the Danish construction toy maker, is about to initiate talks with
officials in Orlando and in the greater Washington, D.C. area about plans to
develop another LEGOLAND family theme park, said Joe Manna, Lego's director of
location developement for North America."

   The article goes on to say "Manna said Lego hopes to decide on a location
by year's end and possibly open as soon as 2004.  The park would span 125 to
175 acres and employ about 1,000 people."

   TLC is not worried about the other theme parks already in the Orlando area.
"Orlando has shown that its various theme parks can co-exist profitably, Manna
said."  Also, "Lego already has had preliminary discussions with the owners of
Orlando's main theme parks - Walt Disney Co, Universal Studios and Anheuser-
Busch Cos. - about possible sites for its proposed theme parks and marketing
alliances, Manna said."

Brian