 LEGOLAND / *1383 (-20)
  Wild Woods Golf Opening In June

If you have been to the park lately you may have seen the area where they are putting in the new Wilds Woods Mini-Golf course. It is coming along nicely and looks like it should be fun. If you have not been to the park or have no idea where it is (...) (19 years ago, 23-May-05, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Dubai bids for Legolands as it seeks home for oil wealth

All I can say is ummmmmmm... what? (URL) bids for Legolands as it seeks home for oil wealth 23.05.05 JORDAN - Dubai's Government buyout fund is bidding for Lego's Legoland amusement parks two months after acquiring London's Madame Tussauds waxworks (...) (19 years ago, 22-May-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.legoland.deutschland, lugnet.legoland.windsor) !

  So who went to the Knights' Tournament AP preview weekend? What did you think?

We stopped by LLCA on Sunday for the AP preview and rode the Knights Tournament ride, we did level 5 (the highest) and had a blast! Few early thoughts about this ride: - The line is SLOW MOVING and will probably be longer than the sky cruiser line. (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LEGO Stadium in Guenzburg, Germany

(...) The March 2005 issue of LEGO life Company Newspaper has an article on this wonderful model. Here are some excerpts: Naturally, this special illumination had to be recreated in the LEGO model - but that's when the problems began to crop up. (...) (19 years ago, 15-May-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.deutschland)

  Re: LEGO Stadium in Guenzburg, Germany

(...) The original building is very nice by night, when the lights can color the stadium with red, white and blue. Here you can see some pictures: (URL) "Beleuchtungstest in Bildschirmgröße") I think the most beautiful is the one with the color of (...) (19 years ago, 14-May-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.deutschland)

  Re: LEGO Stadium in Guenzburg, Germany

(...) white tire with a huge chunk missing. Gary Istok (19 years ago, 14-May-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.deutschland)

Kelly McKiernan wrote in message ... (...) found (...) Wow. Apart from the greatness of the model, that is a truly mind-boggling number of minifigs. When I did my (by comparison tiny, but 40" x 30") stadium it was amazing how many figs it took to (...) (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.deutschland)

  Re: LEGO Stadium in Guenzburg, Germany

(...) I'd seen earlier pix and was duly impressed, this is pretty spectacular. I found some images and closeups on a German web site, try this: (URL) are image gallery links about halfway down, where it says "Fotogalerie zur Stadioneröffnung am (...) (19 years ago, 13-May-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.deutschland) !

  Re: Knights Tournament Looking Good

(...) Here is more info about how the ride is going to be direct from LLCA: "Park guests will become knights-in-training as they cross a medieval moat and select the intensity of their ride experience. Knights’ Tournament will offer five different (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Knights Tournament Looking Good

Here is a pic of it taken during the Star Wars weekend - (URL) ride looks like it will be fun, and with the height restriction at only 40 inches it will be a nice addition to the ride lineup. I saw them testing it out last weekend and it goes upside (...) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: LEGOLAND California auctions-off six official Knights’ Tournament “FIRST RIDER” packages

You can find the listings here: (URL) luck! (19 years ago, 9-May-05, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  LEGOLAND California auctions-off six official Knights’ Tournament “FIRST RIDER” packages

Just got this Media Alert email: LEGOLAND® California auctions-off six official Knights’ Tournament “FIRST RIDER” packages on eBay starting May 7. Auction proceeds benefit the North American Riding for the Handicapped Association WHAT: LEGOLAND® (...) (19 years ago, 7-May-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: A Grest Star Wars Weekend!

(...) Actualy the kids weren't to bad, but a few that were moving parts around were a distraction. I have 3 kids of my own, the youngest a 3yo boy, so I know how it goes. As it turns out SanDLUG will be holding a mini ISD speed building contest at (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: A Grest Star Wars Weekend!

(...) You ought to see what "kids" can do. How about a strong kids (younger than 14?) team vs. their non-AFOL parents at a head-to-head full ISD build. Disclaimer: I will probably *not* do this with my son - living in my house after being soundly (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A Grest Star Wars Weekend!

Hi everyone! It was a great weekend at Legoland. It was my son's first time. He's 5 and hasn't really been bitten by the LEGO bug. He loves Star Wars, so I thought this might be a good tie-in. It was! He's eat, sleeping and breathing LEGOs. The ISD (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: LEGO On Defamer

(...) This story was also just mentioned on MSNBC's "(URL) Connected Coast to Coast>" blog roundup. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  LEGO On Defamer

Saw this post on (URL) Defamer> today: (URL) Wars Nerds Rendered In Lego> You can see the LEGOLAND pics (URL). Neat! Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  Re: A Grest Star Wars Weekend!

(...) Well, I had to think about this one because I want to keep on good terms with the park. A park rep gave us a "suggested idea" after Sunday's ISD build and I personally feel it would be better for a park or company rep (like Jake) to make an (...) (19 years ago, 3-May-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: A Grest Star Wars Weekend!

(...) Actually there were 4 R2D2s. The park had recently replaced the LEGO R2D2 at the front. And one of the tech guys at the park decided to retrofit the old one with RC control and motors of the feet and head. Most of the old figures in the park (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, FTX)

  Re: A Grest Star Wars Weekend!

(...) See, we took care of the kid issue by including them on the team ;-). Seriously, I understand what you mean; wind would be a pain. (...) OK, enough with the teasers - any hints? A fleet of ISDs hanging from the ceiling, clustered around the (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact