 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5435
Re: Catalog discount versus AFOL discount??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:01:31 GMT

My experiance has been that the 15% discount it diseptive.  For the catalog
discount you only get the discount for items that appear in the catalog NOT all
bulk items.  Similarly I think the AFOL23 code only worked with the new bulk
packs recently released NOT all bulk items.

Also for some reason the AFOL23 code did not have the free shipping information
attached to it which caused additional confusion.

I know I was very disappointed recently when I tried to place an order and
could not get the 15% discount because what I was ordering did not appear in
the catalog.  I ended up canceling my order and I will wait and hope that the
items reappear in the next catalog before I order them, if they don't then I
probably won't place the order at all.

Eric Kingsley

In lugnet.lego.direct, Alfred Speredelozzi writes:
Hello,

Hopefully someone can answer this question (maybe even another AFOL, if it
has been discussed before).  I recently placed a web order and used the
AFOL23 code that Jake had given out.  I thought that this code was to work
similarly to the 15% discount given by catalog (if you order 15 bags of
bulk).  Anyway, I wasn't getting 15% off of all the bulk items that I bought
so, I thought maybe I needed a code.  Anyway, I put in AFOL23 and got some
more items at 15% but still not all the bulk that I was buying.  Maybe I
misunderstood how it was supposed to work.  Anyway, I called this morning
and the S@H rep said that you can't combine the catalog discount with the
"Lugnet" discount.  But I thought they were the same thing, just using a
different code to make it easier for AFOLs?  Am I wrong?  I never did get
15% off all the bulk items despite ordering 29 different "bags."

I had to call anyway to clear up the fact that my order didn't get free
shipping despite being placed before the deadline.

I guess I just wish the Lego website was less frustrating to deal with.  It
took hours to get through (even running on a PC) using dialup.  Blehh.

-Alfred