 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5434
5433  |  5435
Subject:
Catalog discount versus AFOL discount??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 16:54:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello,

Hopefully someone can answer this question (maybe even another AFOL, if it
has been discussed before).  I recently placed a web order and used the
AFOL23 code that Jake had given out.  I thought that this code was to work
similarly to the 15% discount given by catalog (if you order 15 bags of
bulk).  Anyway, I wasn't getting 15% off of all the bulk items that I bought
so, I thought maybe I needed a code.  Anyway, I put in AFOL23 and got some
more items at 15% but still not all the bulk that I was buying.  Maybe I
misunderstood how it was supposed to work.  Anyway, I called this morning
and the S@H rep said that you can't combine the catalog discount with the
"Lugnet" discount.  But I thought they were the same thing, just using a
different code to make it easier for AFOLs?  Am I wrong?  I never did get
15% off all the bulk items despite ordering 29 different "bags."

I had to call anyway to clear up the fact that my order didn't get free
shipping despite being placed before the deadline.

I guess I just wish the Lego website was less frustrating to deal with.  It
took hours to get through (even running on a PC) using dialup.  Blehh.

-Alfred