 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5443
Re: Catalog discount versus AFOL discount??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:15:19 GMT

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message
My experiance has been that the 15% discount it diseptive.  For the • catalog
discount you only get the discount for items that appear in the catalog • NOT all
bulk items.  Similarly I think the AFOL23 code only worked with the new • bulk
packs recently released NOT all bulk items.

Also for some reason the AFOL23 code did not have the free shipping • information
attached to it which caused additional confusion.

I know I was very disappointed recently when I tried to place an order and
could not get the 15% discount because what I was ordering did not appear • in
the catalog.  I ended up canceling my order and I will wait and hope that • the
items reappear in the next catalog before I order them, if they don't then • I
probably won't place the order at all.

Eric Kingsley

I placed an order by phone two weeks ago which included around 30 bulk
items, not all of which were in the most recent catalog (most notably a
large order of 2x2 classic white windows).  As I suspected, most of the
items did NOT come out at 15% off.  For every item that did not come out
correctly, the phone rep went in and manually adjusted the price to the
correct amount (the only exception was a bag of the new 2x2 clear bricks -
for some reason she could not get those to come out correctly).  In order to
make this adjustment, she had to insert an older catalog code into the
computer.  At one point, she had to get her manager involved.  The entire
order took about 15 minutes total but it was worth it to insure that I got
the 15% discount.  Morale: ASK and INSIST upon the discount.  It will work
if the rep is willing to take the time to make it work.

Also, it helped that therep I got was great!  I don't remember her name but
her efforts made me a 110% satisfied customer.  Before I hung up, I was sure
to tell her how thankful and appreciative I was for her willingness to help.
Hopefully, her supervisor made a note of the great service she provided!

Tim