 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5356
Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 00:58:56 GMT

I found that after step 3, it was best if I positioned the wheelset cover
back on the bogie assembly, so that the middle pin was pushed into position;

This is exactly what you must NOT do!  Don't push it down, the axle must
push the pin UP...
Goal is NOT to press the axle down, goal is to use the 'snap-hight' of
the axle-end as a 0,6 mm filler for the (too much) space in this new molds.

After step five the wheels have to turn freely, as before. If not, cut
of the middle pin a bit more. No downpressing by plates allowed!

Try again, and post your results please.

Klaas