 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5354 (-20)
  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Oh yeah the "before" - "after" cross section graphic was exaggerated. I imagine that removing only a small amount of the inside corner will do the trick. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Taking the low road... I was thinking how to shave off some plastic from the wheel flange. And it's not that big of a deal the roundness of the flange isn't as critical as the the roundness of the wheel tread. But then it hit me, using a small (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

A funny thing that I noticed wrt changes in train wheels happened right around 1996, specifically in set 2126 (the 4 train cars). It seems that the center hole is not "true" center or the wheels where not "true" round. I recall making several 2 axle (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Free Shipping?

(...) Indeed! (...) Only if you say "Honor" without the U when you post to any loc.us.<mumble> group... :-) FUT ot.fun (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes: Ok, I have now 12 wheel sets in front of me: ***...***+ 4x from a MISB Metroliner 4558 from ca 1991...1994 Never run a single meter so far.... Measured for all 4 wheel sets (no bigger difference (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Free Shipping?

(...) Wow, nice one! Thanks Jake! Jason J Railton P.S. Shouldn't that be "...we will HONOUR the offer..." if it's to loc.uk? Hey, only kidding :-) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) While this might not work so well if done on ALL wheels, doing it on only one wheelset/wagon or one/bogie it might actually improve running qualities. You'd get the compensated suspention model railroaders always try to build into their (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Free Shipping?

(...) Whoops! As some of you may have noticed, we accidentally sent out an email to our UK customers with the wrong subject line. However, since this was our mistake, we will honor the offer for free shipping. To qualify, just call up Shop at Home (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Hi all, Everything is said about this bad wheel molds, I hope (and EXPECT) Lego will make new molds in short time!! More interesting: HOW DO WE GET OUR WHEELS TO WORK PROPERLY??? .... without to much work. :-) Please check out the pics I uploaded, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) It is mentioned here: (URL) wrote:*** I asked around this morning and discovered something interesting about the train wheels. The train wheels are one of the few items that are manufactured by a third party. We discovered that there were some (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Free Shipping?

(...) Strange...I looked at this link, and it doesn't appear that Holden actually mention or even indicate anywhere that they specifically aim to sell in or to the U.S.A....could it be that Holden is a company that is run semi-independantly from GM. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) I believe you're right but I can't find it for some reason. It's rare that LUGNET(tm) search fails me but it did this time. I know it's out there and not that long ago either. Just can't find it. (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) What is kind of weird is that I don't think (and I could well be wrong) that the needles at the axle tips are actually doing anything, bearing wise. I've looked at both black and grey wheelsets and it looks to me like all the bearing action is (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Tan Spindle Fence (quarter-round)

(...) Last week at LLW Guy Bagley told us the Lego drawing paper used by the park modelmakers is called 'knobbe' paper because that is the Danish word for stud. In the 70's TLC ran a promotional thing (in the UK at least) where you got stickers of (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) I largely agree. I'll have to check, but did Jake not indicate that this was all caused by an unauthorised change made by a supplier? If this is the case, then the supplier should be compensating TLG for the cost of making things right (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) trouble: (...) wheel (...) That is more accurate description. But that is the point: the wheel touches the frame. Of course any rotor should only be in touch with the none-rotating system via its bearings. (...) cross-tracks: (...) this only 2 (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Free Shipping?

(...) Unless it’s a sop to their dealers, I think its crazy that they don't offer free shipping as standard for larger purchases. I can buy Lego from www.argos.co.uk and get free shipping if I spend over UKP100 [$154.70][1]. I can get a next day (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Brick or Treat brick

So Jake, what's the deal on the two different bricks at LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat? Russell (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

In lugnet.trains, Paul S. D'Urbano writes: <snipped most of your excellent analysis> (...) I think this is the crux! LD is indeed doing many things right. Let's keep digging to see if we can help analyse this and come up with a way for LD to fix (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Tan Spindle Fence (quarter-round)

In lugnet.general, Mr L F Braun wrote: [snip] (...) "knob" seems to be the TLC term for studs, I'm not sure I've ever seen TLC use "stud". I'll bet some enterprising editor removed the "brick" from all those "brick yellow" parts, because they aren't (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact