 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5344
Re: Free Shipping?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:34:39 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I may be able to assist here...

"assist" ... That's certainly one term for what you're doing, yes.

The LEGO company seems to work on the theory
that if you don't live in the USA/Canada, then you don't really matter...try
changing shipping country to one of these two in their site and see what
pops up.

No doubt LD's mailing list software is not doing a good job of keeping who
lives where straight... people that are getting free shipping offers are
probably thought by some DB somewhere to be in the US or Canada. That ought
to be fixed.

Benjamin Whytcross

[Who wishes that the LEGO company would treat everyone equally and not
favour specific markets.]

++Lar [Who wishes for free beer every Saturday. And who *also* realises that
the world doesn't work that way, just as it doesn't allow market neutral
approaches to what are essentially unequal markets except by companies run
as charities rather than for profit... BTW, why can't I buy a Holden VX
Commodore SS
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=4005 for
what Ben can? It's really really fast and I want one. Oh, and make it
LHDrive and don't charge me more for shipping it to the US either. OK? Else
GM is discriminating against US customers... treat us equally! We must not
really matter to GM... why are they favoring a specific market like
Australia that way? It's NOT FAIR!!!! ]

Strange...I looked at this link, and it doesn't appear that Holden actually
mention or even indicate anywhere that they specifically aim to sell in or
to the U.S.A....could it be that Holden is a company that is run
semi-independantly from GM. [WHAT...A company that DOESN'T aim its market at
the U.S.A....what is the world coming to?]

Granted Holden is a subsidiary of GM, but they don't indicate anywhere on
their website that Holden in and of itself is an international company (or
to be more precise...they don't have an aim "to become the WORLD'S strongest
brand..."]...it is a purely Australian one. [BTW, I believe you'll be
getting the new Monaros over there soon...I can't remember what they're
being re-badged as though]

So, why compare a company that claims to be an international company to one
that is specifically targetted to, and based in a single country???

Benjamin Whytcross