 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5154 (-20)
  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

Jake, I think it is disappointing and a bit sad that Lego would reply to letters from children in such a manner. In your post you mentioned this - (...) ask (...) You are correct - children are extremely intelligent. (I'm often stunned at what my (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes: <snip> I can agree with all of what you said and still feel that giving blow off answers was wrong. Write in a style that's accessible to children and a style that's funny, and appropriate to their age (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

Personally, I think that these jokes are a bit rude. Disclosure of information has never been a problem with the lego company, so why the sudden confidentiality? I can only form an opinion based on the two I saw in the post. In Australia, we only (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

(...) I wouldn't go as far as describing it appalling. I would find some of the responses in bad taste. I find them really dumb, and not really fun (or funny for that matter). I have seen some corny, dumb jokes, especially in kid's publications, and (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

(...) Now hang on... I think "appalling" is a little too strong. (...) I'm not sure that I agree that the copy in question is "patronising". We do a lot of testing with the magazines (nearly every issue if I'm not mistaken) and fun stuff like the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

(...) This is appalling. When did this patronising of children start? When I was young I don't remember suffering this sort of thing. I remember reading my dad's Eagle annuals from when he was a child (60's) and they had fantastically detailed (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 8461 in australian TRU?

Thanks, It's good to know that it actually *will* be arriving- the only other prson I spoke to said it may not turn up at all! -Matt (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 8461 in australian TRU?

My brother's just put a deposit down on one in a Toyworld store here in Brisbane. The best the guy in the store could say as to when it would arrive was 'sometime next month', probably late in the month, and that was all Lego Australia could tell (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  8461 in australian TRU?

Hey all, Does anyone know when the new 8461 (williams f1 car, for those who ignore numbers) will be appearing in australian (specifically, Adelaide) stores (TRU, MYER, DJ, etc...)? Got no help at all from anyone I have contacted, and don't really (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

(...) These Q and As were also seen in the latest issue of the magazine we get in the states as well... I agree with your assessment, David, except that I'm not sure that just ignoring questions is good. Better to answer them but, if the info can't (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Jake - Williams F1?

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message news:3D8687E9.CBA649...faq.com... (...) See (URL) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: will set 4535 (MOT train) be available to australia?

(...) I can see this being very useful information for train clubs to have. If a club is running a MOT(ish) train at a show it would be much easier to tell people "You can get one like it at Toys R Us" than to say "Well, you can get one like it by (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Semi on Ebay - Jake?

(...) In that case, it would have been a good idea to list that as the location when creating the auction... --Bill. (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Roadster Car for Minifigs

(...) Nice job ! I guess that TLG should go this way in town series ! The way of 6-stud-wide car models !!! 70's and 80's were the best times for 4-studs-wide models (MANY nice models !) and now I geuss is the time for a very new town models in (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New Harry Potter sets

(...) I think you'll often find that the retailers don't delay, but simply (such as in Australia) they haven't even got the sets yet. Having spoken a sales rep for my local BigW (think local version of Wal-mart) November is a much more likely date (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: will set 4535 (MOT train) be available to australia?

(...) This item is a Toys R' Us exclusive, so they won't be at S@H from what I understand. (If I find out this is not the case, I will follow up to this post) As far as how many TRU locations will stock this, I'm not really sure. Jake --- Jake McKee (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Semi on Ebay - Jake?

(...) Good question! Since our eBay auctions are VERY small quantities (in this case, 1), we have to ship from wherever the item happens to be located. It wouldn't make sense to send the semi to the US, when it is just as likely to be won by someone (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Jake - Williams F1?

Hi, The Williams livery switched from Compaq to HP a few months ago. Looks like LEGO made the switch as well... James (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Jake - Williams F1?

(...) (URL) More importantly, will it also come with the Compaq stickers? If not, (...) The scan of the sticker sheet which I saw had corporate logos from HP, FedEx, Reuters, BMW, Allianz(?), Michelin, Castrol, BR(?), OZ Wheels(?), and WorldCom. I (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Semi on Ebay - Jake?

(URL) are they shipping from Denmark this time? If you live in Denmark, it should be cheap, but 7 kilos is going to cost a MINT to ship outside of Denmark. -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact