 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5138
Re: Semi on Ebay - Jake?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 02:45:27 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Thomas Stangl writes:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1768293638

Jake,

Why are they shipping from Denmark this time?

If you live in Denmark, it should be cheap, but 7 kilos is going to cost
a MINT to ship outside of Denmark.

Good question! Since our eBay auctions are VERY small quantities (in this
case, 1), we have to ship from wherever the item happens to be located. It
wouldn't make sense to send the semi to the US, when it is just as likely to
be won by someone in Europe.

This means that people in Europe will benefit on the Semi shipping. However,
the exact opposite was true when we auctioned off the Santa Fe locomotives,
numbers 1-10. They just happened to be located in the US, so US residents
got a better deal on shipping if they won that auction(s).

Hope that answers your question!

Jake

---
Jake McKee