 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5099 (-20)
  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Yes, you were write, it was Kaufman until somewhere in the late 90's (I believe 97/98) but afterward (for some unknown peculiar reason) the import that Kaufman did stopped (some salesman from a little toy store told me) and that's why all the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) MECHES? AFAIK the import tax on toys is only 17% (I checked it when I started buying Lego on ebay) hardly enough to explain the 100-200% markup we're used to pay in Israel. (...) I suspect you are right :-( The chances are virtually zero, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) ... (...) Well, that's just sad! Mark W. (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) I assume that it's someone at LEGO who's responsible for updating this page which leaves me with a couple of questions: Do they not bother to even look at the page to make sure that it's been updated correctly? And if they did look at the page (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

The stolen picture won. Check out the winners page: (URL) guess cheating works. Bruce (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Isn't there nothing we can do to convince them otherwise? At the start there were less countries that shop@home did shipping and only a while ago they added countries like Australia, France and some others, could it be that they only taking (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) <snip> (...) Hey guys, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there's not much chance of letters like that helping. I had a chance to talk to a LEGO employee who, IIRC, is pretty high in the marketing heirarchy, at Brickfest 2001. Her name is Peggy (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Dear David I blasted both shop@home europe and shop@home US with alot of mails and got some responses on the mails and also a few letters about how the internet orders is relative new to them and how they want to try it for a while in only a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Oh, I'm just puzzled by the fact that it happened at all... I would think that if someone were submitting the same creation *again*, they'd use the same picture-- or a completely different angle. I wouldn't think you'd do something like (...) (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Please have all products available world wide!

Hi, I hope LEGO can ship products globally, I love Legends and other S@H products, but there is no way for me to get them here(I don't want to get them indirectly)! Can LEGO just put them on selves or offer S@H shipping to other countries with (...) (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

Where did you address it? email or an actual letter? I'd love to join your efforts and send my similar request as well. - David (...) (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Got it! Must have been too long of a day yesterday! :) I did some checking, and we already noticed this and the fix should be forth coming. Thanks for the heads up! Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) My "crusade" started almost a year ago by trying to convince shop@home to ship to Israel also. The facts are we can't get in Israel Legends, MOCs, Mindstorms and the way things going this year most of the shops here brings cheap Chinese (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hair/beards wish list (not only Castle, was Re: A NEW CASTLE Wishlist)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tom Stangl writes: Snip (...) Snip Just a few more thoughts, and if there isn't many more posts to this thread, then I might summarise it and post the final list in one of the Lego groups. More ideas, seeing as we have covered (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) walls (...) Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that these two images show the EXACT same model that and the content of the image is also exactly the same; binary difference or not :-) So while it may not be the same image, it is the same (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Here's a wierd thing-- did you notice that the images are actually a LITTLE bit different? The Nominee for this month: (URL) Winner in May: (URL) you switch back and forth between these images, you'll notice the May winner's image is (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Hi Jake, It's not the July winner, it's the one in the current voting that has the most votes, the "Valkarie" by Astrofreak1 is identical to the May winner: Also, as noted in this thread, another nominee from this month, the GTA Riviera by (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) May's winner is also the nominee with the most votes so far for *this* month. -John (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) I think I must be missing something... the July and May winners are not the same image. Sorry, it's been a long week, what am I not getting? Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

Thanks Paul and Bruce for clearing the RBR mistery up. So there is something fishy going on, but not by the original builder ;-) Now that you'ved mentioned it, I do remember seeing the Riviera on Brickshelf. It's a great model, no question about (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact