 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4900
Re: Spybotics demo followup questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:13:54 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Rob Hendrix writes:
Now that I think about it, I didn't really like the reasoning behind making
a serial product instead of usb.  It actually sounds like an excuse to me...

Not quite quoted words were, "this product is designed more for children who
have hand-me-down computers with no usb ports.  That and the cost of making
a usb product is the reason we made it a serial product.  This way we could
keep the price down closer to the $50 price point - well $60 is close."

I'm just not convinced.

I'm not totally clear about what you want to be convinced of. That is was a
good idea, or that price/old computers was the key reason for the decision.

Either way, those ARE the reasons, so I'm not sure that I could say anything
that would help set your mind at ease. If I'm missing something, however,
please let me know!

Jake

---
Jake McKee