 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4899
RE: Spybotics demo followup questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:48:02 GMT

-----Original Message-----> Of Jake McKee
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 7:33 PM • [...]
*** What communication protocol does the IR transmission use?
“LLM”?  Is it
the same as the  VLL or Virtual Light Link? ***

No, they use a 'standard' IR communication scheme. Very much
like the RCX's
but double the speed and half the message size, so four times
as efficient.

It is possible, though, to send and receive VLL messages
through the light
sensor and the red LED at the back of the robot. For that to work, the
Spybot needs to be disconnected from the PC-cable.

If a SB unit can send/receive VLL on top of having "RCX/Scout compatible" IR
comms, is this scenario possible:

A CyberMaster (using a VLL output pgrm) sends a VLL message to the SB unit
that will send some other IR message to the RCX. Then the RCX will reply
through IR back to the SB unit. Is this theoretically possible ?

Can the Spybotics unit send/receive standard RCX/Scout messages ?

Hopefully this clears things up. I for one can't wait to get
my hands on one of these sets now!

Well, I know I'll have to buy *at least* one (if not all), sooner or later,
eh :)

Jake

Thxs for the info :) !

mc.