 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4782
Re: 10026 SE Naboo Starfighter and Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 07:37:14 GMT

Jake,

Any chance for a bulk discount on these?  ;-)

Question on the chrome parts - The engine intakes, the middle "straight" part
(behind the nosecones) - is that a wheel rim from the smaller sponge tires?
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5248)  It looks like it could be, but it's too hard to
tell from the one pic (http://www.fbtb.net/naboofighter/10026_prod.jpg)

If so, I'm going to go broke on this set :-/

Jake McKee wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Anthony Sava writes:
Dear LD...

I just have a quick question, with all the stuff that's been going on...

Recently you released to www.FBTB.net pictures of the 10026 SE Naboo
Starfighter.  It's a cool set, and more chrome parts are a great thing.

I personally can't wait to place my pre-order for at least 3 of them! I love
the chrome too!

Is it because of your inability to post in the Lugnet section of Star Wars?  I
pray this is not the case, because that would just an immature excuse.

This was absolutely NOT the reason.

<snip-o-rama>

I would still have liked to have been given the info straight from
the horses mouth and instead of second hand.  I don't even go to FBTB except
about once a month.  This whole thing makes me feel like Lugnet, and
vicariously me, got looked over, and that just irks me.

So to review... Why not post this info simultaneously to Lugnet and FBTB, even
if it was a link to FBTB posted to Lugnet?

There are many great fan sites and communities around the Web. We have
limited time to post, so we try to focus posts. Sure, I could post
everything to every site, but I simply can't. I would rather make sure that
the information is in the hands of the fans as soon as I can release it,
rather than wait until I can simultaneously post to every fan site. SW fan
sites get SW announcements, Bionicle sites get Bionicle announcements, and
so on. This is not to say that LUGNET never gets any news first, quite the
contrary. LUGNET is very often the first place to hear about news. Just like
you aren't able to surf every fan/community site out there, I'm not able to
post to every announcement to every site every time.

The important part is that the information is out there. The fact that
within hours (if it took that long), many people had followed up on LUGNET
about the new Naboo Fighter, and we are now talking about it here: proof
that the information is out there.

I hope this makes sense, and you can see where I'm coming from!

Jake

---
Jake McKee
Senior Producer