 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4776
4775  |  4777
Subject:
10026 SE Naboo Starfighter and Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:32:57 GMT

Dear LD...

I just have a quick question, with all the stuff that's been going on...

Recently you released to www.FBTB.net pictures of the 10026 SE Naboo
Starfighter.  It's a cool set, and more chrome parts are a great thing.

But here is my question.  With all the arguments lately about giving LD more
posting rights to LUGNET, why did you not siumltaneously post this new set to
Lugnet?  I mean, of all the places on lugnet, the lego direct area of lugnet is
THE place for this announcement, even if it was a simple link to www.FBTB.net.

Is it because of your inability to post in the Lugnet section of Star Wars?  I
pray this is not the case, because that would just an immature excuse.

I will grant you that FBTB is LEGO Star Wars fan site, noone is debating this.
But this set has some really good parts, parts that we here at Lugnet would
love to get our greedy little hands on.  But I'm not a Lego Star Wars fan.  I
like Star Wars, I love the movies, I like the sets.  But I buy the sets for the
parts they contain, not for the set design.  And I'm certainly not alone.
There are MANY non Star Wars Lego fans who use the Star Wars sets as parts for
the other lego systems, such as Space (big stretch there), Castle, Town, in
fact just about every other category.  And even though I am not a Lego StarWars
super fan, I would still have liked to have been given the info straightfrom
the horses mouth and instead of second hand.  I don't even go to FBTB except
about once a month.  This whole thing makes me feel like Lugnet, and
vicariously me, got looked over, and that just irks me.

So to review... Why not post this info simultaneously to Lugnet and FBTB, even
if it was a link to FBTB posted to Lugnet?

Just curious.

--Anthony
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros