 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4683
  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Right, that's the reality of discussing their product lines (of course, some of us also speak very favorably about clone brands too, but whatever). If TLC/Lego Direct were allowed to make "product placement" type comments in different (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Ouch! Thats quite a negative attitude there. I do not know they would, nor would I think they would. There are some people such as yourself that think everytime they type it comes out as a marketing ploy that is poorly as disguised as an (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Marchetti writes: ... (...) While this is probably an unneeded 'me too' post, I was also thinking about what the LEGO-run discussion forum would be like: - Since lego.com's audience is appreciably younger than (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

Just taking it as a whole... I am not so much anti-TLC as I am pro-fan as far as Lugnet is concerned. I think a lot of you haven't given that idea much thought. As far as being a lego fan myself, let's say a 1 is not much of a fan and a 10 is very (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Okay, what kind of marketing info are you taking about? We've been fairly specific, i.e., mentioning that we like polls, info on new sets, services, and bulk packs, and the like. Do you really not like that? Do you not want input on some of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I'm a fan of the product, not the company. My support of TLC as a company is due only to the product itself. I have some serious issues with TLC's choice of products (Jack Stone, Bionicle, etc.) and with some of their business practices (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  50% off RCX at S@H (Canada, and maybe US)

(...) RCX 1.0, actually. Even better. :) James (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 50% off RCX at S@H (Canada, and maybe US)

(...) Well skin me alive and call me luggage! It's both. :) James (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 50% off RCX at S@H (Canada, and maybe US)

While in at the Anaheim Imagination Center a week or two ago, I saw a number of RCX bricks available at $69.99. Don't know whether they ship, though. Dirk (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Where is this announcement on TLC's site that Mindstorms 1.5 is available for 50% off? I can't see it. All I can see is Mindstorms 2.0 available at the regular price? Kerry (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I saw it listed in their new 'web specials' area. not sure where else it's made known. Sad to report, it says 'sold out' now. -Suz (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) 'Twas available in US / Canada for a short time - I think the guys in rtlToronto probably cleaned 'em out!! 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Sorry, Rosco. Project X type events (URL) hard to do with nothing short of 4 rcx's. (grin) Chris Pretend this says something funny (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)